Friday, January 27, 2012

Catching up!

I am honestly the worst blogger. Ever. So this year I decided I'd try to at least blog once a month even if I didn't have anything too newsworthy.

So far this year has been good, although we've had some unfortunate events in the past couple weeks.
Last Friday Ben's parents drove up to St. Johns and brought a couple horses. The four of us and Walker, a friend of ours, went riding Saturday morning. One of the horses my in laws brought up was for Walker to buy and he loved her. All was going good and we were having a really good weekend, my dad even took us all out to eat at the Rusty Cactus in Springerville. The food is wonderful!! I definately recommend it!

Anyway Sunday came and the in laws went home and Ben and I went to church. After church we checked on the horses to make sure everyone was alive still since we added a new horse to the mix and sent one back to the valley. The new horse, Lucy, was acting strange and wasn't moving, she picked up her leg and her foot was just dangling there. She had no control over it whatsoever!

Needless to say our weekend took a very sad turn and since she had cut through all the tendons on her right back leg we had to put her down. I had never experienced having to shoot an animal that was important to me/us. I thought I was tough and prepared for what was going to happen, I knew there'd be a lot of blood and twitching and what not so I figured I could handle it no big deal.

WRONG! I cried a lot that day and didn't sleep well for about 3 nights. Thats definately not something you are prepared for or get used to. I'm so grateful for the Overson's! We didn't have anywhere to take her and all we did was ask if they knew of anywhere to go and they jumped to help us. Its great to know that we have friends and family that we can count on when we need a little help! 

After all of that excitement on Sunday I went to give the horses water after work Monday and find my baby, Alice, who's almost 2 years old stuck in between some trees and the fence.

Laice Lynn